Flight Control Computers
Elevator Aileron Computers
ELAC - Normally ELAC 1 commands the operation of the ailerons and ELAC 2 commands the operation of the elevators and horizontal stabilizer. ELAC 1 and 2 perform the following:
- Normal pitch and roll, normal LAF
- Alternate pitch, alternate LAF
- Direct pitch and roll
- Aileron droop
- Abnormal attitude
- Acquisition of autopilot orders
ON - When the associated flight control computer switch is ON, it engages the computer and lights are extinguished.
OFF - When selected to OFF, the OFF light illuminates white and disengages the associated computer.
RESET - Turning the computer OFF then ON resets the computer.
FAULT - The associated FAULT Light illuminates amber:
- When a failure is detected
- During computer's power-up test (8-second duration). This test occurs for each flight control computer upon electrical power application or after electrical transient/interruption.
The FAULT light extinguishes when OFF is selected or at completion of satisfactory power-up test.