Flight Control Computers
Spoiler Elevator Computers
SEC - The Spoiler Elevator Computers 1, 2, and 3 command spoiler operation.
ON - When the associated flight control computer switch is ON, it engages the computer and lights are extinguished. The SECs control the following:
- Normal roll by controlling the spoilers
- Speed brakes and ground spoilers
- Alternate pitch (SEC 1 and SEC 2 only)
- Direct pitch (SEC 1 and SEC 2 only)
- Alternate LAF
- Abnormal attitude
- Direct roll
OFF - When selected to OFF, the OFF light illuminates white and disengages the associated computer.
RESET - Turning the computer OFF then ON resets the computer.
FAULT - The associated FAULT Light illuminates amber:
- When a failure is detected
- During computer's power-up test (8-second duration). This test occurs for each flight control computer upon electrical power application or after electrical transient/interruption.
The FAULT light extinguishes when OFF is selected or at completion of satisfactory power-up test.